I watch movies. I have some friends in movie rental stores and they texts me whenever new box offices come. I also have favorite DVD store to get my movies. My most favorite will be super heroes and animations, like Batman, Madagascar, Iron Man, Shark Tale, etc… but I watch ‘normal’ movies too. I watch movies since I was a kid and I notice the changes they made on the conflicts. Ah yes, people are getting bored of the lies they made by Rambo and Mafias topics, and haaaay…. we have new bad guys or spices for our movies!! MUSLIMS!! And then they decorate their movies with ‘moozlumz’ everywhere.
So, some muslims decoration in movies are mostly not acceptable. They sometimes mis-used the sacred items in our world and take it just as art or humor. And worst, the characters of the muslims… disastrous! Many many many movies that gives bad impression of how bad Islam is and the bad effect of people as muslims, and also some movies taking something that suppose to be sacred for us, as a joke. I will give the top 3 that bothers me the most.
1. Charlie’s Angels
Everybody knows this movie, about 3 pretty spy girls. Everyone love this movie, but I don’t. I HATE IT. Why? Because in a bellydance scene where these girls are having undercover, the director was being so unsensible by setting adzaan (our call to prayer) as the music to that dance. And the people didn’t even pay attention to the music because they are too busy watching the angels shaking their things out. Disgraceful! I didn’t watch the movie till finished. I was too angry… even until NOW! 😈
Who doesn’t love LOST? And when we know it has this muslim guy in it, we get more excited. Hmmmmmm, really?
This muslim guy, Sayid, he made out with a naughty blonde girl. Think positive, maybe they did the nikah but not on the scene (you know, the scene got deleted). This Sayid, torture and kill people, hmm… think positive… it probably self defense. This Sayid guy, he drink khamr! Oh come on Sayid, you need me to think more positive? Okay, it’s probably tea (in a bar) and… you’re drunk, Sayid?? Oh no!! And this Sayid guy did try to pray, once, but got distracted when Kim (the Korean guy) called him. Oh come on Sayid, everybody knows that we must not talk to people while praying!!! *frustrated*
3. Five Minarets in New York
This is the last movie that I watched. This makes me so mad. Muslims are portrait as stupids or extremist here. And the only good muslim in this movie, is this guy. Let me list the fact of his pious good moderate muslim life.
• His wife is so sexy! Oh wait, she’s a Christian… He said, no force in religion… Hmm probably there was some tafseer out there about the verse that I missed. Probably a good wife of a pious muslim should be Christian, right? Yeah.. We are lack of muslim sisters nowadays, I can’t even find one everywhere!! 😈
• His daughter is so close with that guy, the guy is touching his daughter!! Oh probably that’s his son *think positive*
• Oh no! That guy is her fiancé, and she lives together with him!! Aaaah, probably they stay in separate bedroom and probably she has another wali that is not introduced publicly in the movie on the house… hmmmm..
• Finally, they are married at least.. In church?! By a priest?! What?! 😈
• Adzaan!! Oh well, chit chat first, pray later…
• This good muslim man is very rich but he leaves his mom and never visit or even send her money, she is very poor and blind!!
Wow, a very good man as a muslim. I am impressed!
And yes, I am being sarcastic.
Thinking to stop watching movie involving muslims made by Hollywood once and for all! GRRRRRRH!! Or just stop watching movie at all? Hmmm, why not?? Besides, I can do more with my time, right??